Integrated Manufacturing - Solidworks (CAD)
18 credit Certificate program
Program Resources:Placement Data: CLICK HERE
Gainful Employment Info – 2014
None available at this time.
SolidWorks software is the standard in 3D design and mechanical engineering at thousands of companies worldwide. Engineers, designers and CAD technicians create 3D models and 2D drawings ranging from individual parts to assemblies with thousands of parts.
Program outcomes include:
• Design products for manufacture using 2D and 3D standards
• Apply orthographic CAD design procedures to working drawings
• Perform advanced CAD software applications
• Create a capstone design project incorporating advanced CAD and industrial/mechanical applications
Program Requirements: Click on Course Title for Course Description - Opens in new window
Course Outlines: CLICK HERE Required Courses:
Successful entry into this program requires a specific level of skill in the areas of English, mathematics, and reading. Program entry will depend, in part, on meeting the prerequisites listed below:
• A score of 86 or higher on the Sentence Skills portion of the CPT, OR
• Completion of ENGL0460 or its equivalent transfer course or higher.
• If required, ENGL0460 may be taken concurrently with Semester I coursework.
• A score of 36 or higher on the Elementary Algebra Skills portion of the CPT, OR
• Completion of MATH0450 or its equivalent transfer course or higher.
• If required, MATH0450 may be taken concurrently with Semester I coursework.
• A score of 78 or higher on the Reading Comprehension portion of the CPT, OR
• Completion of READ0465 or its equivalent transfer course or higher.
• If required, READ0465 may be taken concurrently with Semester I coursework.
NOTE: This SolidWorks certificate is intended for people who are already in a manufacturing related field or who have earned a certificate, diploma, or degree in a manufacturing related program of study.
CADE2500 Solid Works Exam Preparation (CADE1470 or concurrent enrollment)
MTCC2504 CAD CAM (CADE1468)
WLDG1500 Bluepr9int Reading for Welders (Appropriate placement test score or MATH0450 and READ0455 may be taken concurrently) or instructor’s consent.