Engineering CAD Technician
24 credit Certificate program
Program Resources:Placement Data: CLICK HERE
Gainful Employment Info – 2015
None available at this time.
The Engineering CAD Technology program prepares students to translate the ideas, sketches, and specifications of engineers and designers into workable plans which are used in product fabrication. Students learn to use engineering technology in determining exact specifications for new product design or modification, or redesign of present products. The course begins with instruction in basic drafting skills and advances to more complex technological areas. Major emphasis will be on the application and use of computer aided design.
Program outcomes include:
• Design products for manufacture using 2D and 3D standards.
• Apply orthographic CAD design procedures to working drawings.
• Perform advanced CAD software applications.
• Create a capstone design project incorporating advanced CAD and industrial/mechanical applications.
Program Requirements: Click on Course Title for Course Description - Opens in new window
Course Outlines: CLICK HERE Required Courses:
Successful entry into this program requires a specific level of skill in the areas of English, mathematics, and reading. Program entry will depend, in part, on meeting the prerequisites listed below:
• A score of 86 or higher on the Sentence Skills portion of the CPT, OR
• Completion of ENGL0460 or its equivalent transfer course or higher.
• If required, ENGL0460 may be taken concurrently with Semester I coursework.
• A score of 36 or higher on the Elementary Algebra Skills portion of the CPT, OR
• Completion of MATH0450 or its equivalent transfer course or higher.
• If required, MATH0450 may be taken concurrently with Semester I coursework.
• A score of 78 or higher on the Reading Comprehension portion of the CPT, OR
• Completion of READ0465 or its equivalent transfer course or higher.
• If required, READ0465 may be taken concurrently with Semester I coursework.
NOTE: This certificate is designed to provide a basic working knowledge of CAD and/or enhance the education of a student who may occasionally come in contact with engineering CAD technology through another related technical field of study. This certificate is not intended to take the place of either the two-year AAS degree or the two-year diploma degree.
Technical - 3 credits