4 credit Certificate program
Program Resources:Placement Data: CLICK HERE
None available at this time.
Career Resources: iSeek Information
The Nursing Assistant course is designed to prepare the student for basic entry level employment in a nursing home, hospital, and other medical setting after successfully passing the registry exam. This course serves as an introduction to the nursing sequence for students who choose to advance in the nursing profession. Please note this certificate does not meet the minimum hour requirements for certification in Wisconsin.
Program outcomes include:
• Describe health care workers roles and responsibilities within a health care organization
• Describe basic human needs and how to assist someone meet those needs
• Describe appropriate communication techniques with residents/clients and staff, including reporting and recording methods
• Describe and demonstrate infection control principles/asepsis in facilities and home environments
• Demonstrate good body mechanics
• Demonstrate the appropriate steps of the 58 skills listed by the MN Nursing Assistant Competency
• Evaluation Program
• Describe Resident and Client Bill of Rights
• Demonstrate organizing time schedule in a facility and/or home environment
• Describe basic body systems
• Demonstrate accountability, civility, and responsibility for own professional behavior and development
• Identify emergency situations and implementation of appropriate procedures
Program Requirements: Click on Course Title for Course Description - Opens in new window
Course Outlines: CLICK HERE Required Courses:
Be able to pass a health occupations physical, including a Mantoux and a Minnesota background study.